Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Things I have learned being a GM/Customer Service Officer

Knowledge is one of the most valuable assets in a company. But since I
am not so adept with the corporate world when I joined the company, I
have to learn more things. I should be clear that I’m not talking only
about formal training or education experiences funded by an employer.
While these can be valuable, most of us learn at least as much, if not
more, through less formal interactions with co-workers, customers,
players, or through our own efforts to meet new challenges. As for being
a customer service officer, a game master, I have learned a lot of things.

What I’ve learned being a Customer Service Officer:

1. I learned that customer’s/player's expectations can be shattered if you
don’t provide what they saw available on our website.

2. Responding to complaints with the players isn’t enough; it is HOW
you do it that matters.

3. Responding quickly and effectively is always a top priority.

4. Feedback from customers can provide company with important
information needed to have a better company’s operation. Focusing on
customer’s feedback can help me identify the potential of the game.

5. For me, customer’s complaints are precious. They give us clear
clues on how to improve. Not customers will actually go to the trouble
to complain. Those that complain give us the opportunity to fix what is
broken.

6. When customer is complaining, I have learned that we have to
listen and not to talk first.

7. And.. Everyone is a customer whether they will play our game or not

I owe HighStreet 5 a big thank you! Not for the job I got, but the lessons I have learned. Now I am giving a chance to take a new challenge for my new position which I will really work hard on.

1 comment:

rio said...

Bravo! Bravo! Very well said... makes me wonder... hmmmmmm......